Head of Benefits
Everything we do at Sunrun is driven by a determination to transform the way we power our lives. We know that starts at the individual employee level. We strive to foster an environment you can thrive in through our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
The Head of Benefits is responsible for overall design, implementation, communication, and administration of the Company’s U.S. benefits programs and ensures that benefit programs remain competitive and support the company’s strategic objectives and comply with all regulations. This role will provide leadership and direct the overall strategic planning, management, administration, and ongoing evaluation of Sunrun’s H&W and retirement plans. This high impact role will work closely with functional leaders, cross functional leaders and from time to time, company leadership as well as maintaining a close collaboration with compensation partners to ensure the overall competitiveness of our Total Rewards. This role will lead the strategic planning and development of benefit plan design strategy and budget, in partnership with finance, and will oversees procurement, selection, negotiation and contracting process for all related third-party vendors.
This position reports to the Head of Total Rewards and manages a team of Benefits professionals.
- Drive strategic thought leadership and direct the development, implementation and administration of various employee benefit plans and programs in line with the organization’s strategy designed to meet the needs of our current workforce, attract talent and strategically position the company and employees for short and long-term initiatives while ensuring continuous monitoring of the changing landscape and course correcting as applicable
- Leads the design, budget and execution of the health & welfare and retirement plans and programs while ensuring consistency with best practices and mandates, standards and procedures
- Develops multi-year strategic plan and philosophy in conjunction with the Total Rewards framework
- Plans, manages, and executes effective employee enrollment strategies, communications, and education to attract and retain employees and deliver strong branding of benefits, and support employees’ and physical, financial, and mental health
- Keeps abreast of external environment for emerging trends, regulatory changes, best practices, and provides highlights to management as appropriate. Responsible for on-going benchmarking of best practices and develops tools to measure program success and ROI
- Ensures compliance with all government regulations, including ERISA reporting and disclosure requirements, FMLA, COBRA, HIPAA, FLSA, IRS, DOL, Health Care Reform, etc.
- Enhance & drive a culture of wellbeing across the organization that will deliver an improved employee experience for all levels of the organization including supporting diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives
- Experience with HR Operations and working with the HRIS team, employee work follows and HR Operations and processes a plus
- Experience with broad based Compensation and working on supporting leaders as an HRBP, Talent Acquisition or Compensation leader a key plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least 10 years of progressive Corporate Benefits or Benefits consulting experience required with a strong background in design, development, financing, and delivery of U.S. Health and Welfare programs and retirement plans
- Proven track record of successfully partnering with key stakeholders, particularly Finance, Tax, and Legal colleagues to ensure all benefits programs and plans are understood and appropriately managed across the organization
- Experience working in a shared services environment with effective strategies to reinforce a shared services engagement model
- Strong business and financial acumen required, including knowledge of actuarial concepts; able to structure and analyze data, develop insights, and formulate an aligned approach and plan
- Leadership presence with strong collaboration and conflict resolution skills; able to articulate a value proposition and secure buy-in and support from key stakeholders
- Demonstrates initiative and drive; self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented; proven capability to thoughtfully plan and simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment
- Operates with the highest integrity, appropriately manages information of a highly confidential nature
- Strong Google Workspace skills required
Recruiter:Amanda Frock (email@example.com)
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to acts, such as The Equal Pay Transparency Act. It assumes that the successful candidate will be located in markets within the United States that warrant the compensation listed. Candidates in locations outside this local area may have a different starting salary range for this opportunity which may be higher or lower. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
Starting salary/wage for this opportunity:$138,137.00 to $184,147.00
Other rewards may include annual bonus eligibility, which is based on company and individual performance, short and long term incentives, and program-specific awards. Sunrun provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). A candidate’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
This description sets forth the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as some of the essential functions of this role. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all essential duties and qualifications. If you have a disability or special need that may require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process or to perform this role if you are offered employment, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone. We are committed to equal employment opportunities without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal convictions, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Sunrun (NASDAQ: RUN) is the number one residential solar provider in the country. At Sunrun, we believe America’s energy future starts at home. As the energy provider of choice, we integrate solar, home battery storage, and electrification into a smart solution for individuals to power their homes, cars, and communities. Join us in our mission to create a planet run by the sun!
Perks & Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Vacations/Holidays
- Paid Baby Bonding Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Anniversary Equity Award (based on qualifications)
- PowerU - 100% Funded Education Programs
A Commitment to Candidate Experience
At Sunrun our fiercely passionate workforce is our greatest asset and help power our mission to create a planet run by the sun. We strive to have the best in class experience for our candidates. If you had a great experience or you feel there is room for improvement, please reach out to our Director of Talent Acquisition, Kelly Wittman, to share your feedback.
Accommodation for Disabilities
If you have a disability or special need that may require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process or to perform this role if you are offered employment, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.