Sr. Software Engineer, Data
Want to work on massively scalable consumer systems? Re-invent how consumers buy energy? Have a measurable impact on one of humanity’s biggest challenges? Come to Sunrun. We're hiring high-achieving software engineers to help our systems keep up with daunting growth rates. Here you'll work alongside passionate engineers engaged in the design and development of a product that is changing the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll implement features for Sunrun’s marketing platform, develop and maintain full-stack solutions for Sunrun’s custom applications, and develop on industry-leading SaaS platforms.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Level: Senior
- Base Salary: $143,915 - $185,003
What makes a successful Sr. Software Engineer, Data at Sunrun? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically savvy
- Results Driven
- Problem Solver
Sunrun offers many interdisiplinary career pathways to grow your career. Start your journey today and learn how you can chose your path with Sunrun!
- Associate Software Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Sr. Software Engineer
- Staff Software Engineer
- Software Engineering Manager
Power Your Benefits
Explore the many benefits Sunrun offers you and your family.
Sunrun helps support your financial wellbeing today and security for tomorrow by offering a number of powerful savings tools. Including but not limited to: Flexible Spending Program, Sunrun 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) and Life + Disability.
Sunrun provides access to a number of programs to provide you with the flexibility you need for a healthy work/life balance, and to support your personal well-being. Including but not limited to: Voluntary Benefits, FOND Employee Discount Program, Education Benefit and Employee Assistance Program.
Paid Time Off
Time away from work is important in maintaining your overall wellbeing. We support you in taking appropriate time off to keep a healthy work/life balance.
On top of your competitive annual salary and commission you will have the opportunity to earn lucrative performance incentives through our Nike/Lululemon swag sponsored incentive program as well as prizes and amazing trips.
Everything we do at Sunrun is driven by a determination to transform the way we power our lives. We know that starts at the individual employee level. We strive to foster an environment you can thrive in through our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer with data experience. As an Sr. Software Engineer, you’ll help with technical direction for all grid services engineering solutions at Sunrun and will also lead the way in transforming our systems to self-healing, reliable and reactive systems. On this team, you will build out data pipelines to ingest and process IOT data from our 950K+ solar and storage systems. This data is used across our company to ensure system uptime, performance analysis and insights for our customers.
- Technical Leadership: Help establish development and architectural standards within the team, promoting technical excellence and best practices.
- Collaboration: Work closely with Product Management, DevOps, and other team members to develop applications that are easily testable and perform well under diverse network conditions.
- Data Availability: Ensure consumers have access to the data they need for informed decision-making, focusing on data availability and reliability.
- Best Practice Adherence: Champion the adherence to best-practice development methodologies throughout the software development process.
- Data Pipelines: Build and maintain data pipelines to efficiently process and manage data.
- Algorithm and Software Component Design: Design and code scalable and secure algorithms, data structures, and software components.
- Documentation: Maintain clear and comprehensive documentation for code, systems, and processes.
- Code Reviews: Lead design and code reviews to ensure high-quality code and knowledge sharing within the team.
- Automated Testing: Facilitate automated testing to enable rapid innovation and ensure the stability of applications.
- Mentorship: Mentor and help build skills across the team through standards setting, code reviews, and pair programming.
- Performance Tuning: Optimize production applications to maximize efficiency and performance.
- Metrics and Analysis: Develop ongoing metrics, analysis, and dashboards to guide important decisions and monitor system performance.
- Education: A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred.
- Leadership: Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor and guide team members.
- Cloud Platforms: Extensive experience with AWS cloud platform
- Database Knowledge: Proficiency in both relational and NoSQL databases.
- Cloud Services: Familiarity with various cloud services and serverless architectures.
- Enterprise Environment: Prior experience working in complex enterprise environments and developing complex programs.
- API Development: Strong expertise in REST API architecture and development.
- Git Proficiency: Knowledge of Git, including version control, branching, merging/rebasing, and pull requests.
- SQL and Procedural Languages: Ability to write SQL queries and procedural code for data handling.
- Automation: A focus on automation, including CI/CD practices and test automation.
- Agile/SCRUM: Experience with Agile/SCRUM software development methodologies.
- Security Practices: Strong understanding of security practices and data protection.
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to acts, such as The Equal Pay Transparency Act. It assumes that the successful candidate will be located in markets within the United States that warrant the compensation listed. Candidates in locations outside this local area may have a different starting salary range for this opportunity which may be higher or lower. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
The starting salary/wage for this opportunity is: $143,915 to $185,003.
Other rewards may include annual bonus eligibility, which is based on company and individual performance, short and long term incentives, and program-specific awards. Sunrun provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). A candidate’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Recruiter:Kristina Sedjo (email@example.com)
This description sets forth the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as some of the essential functions of this role. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all essential duties and qualifications. If you have a disability or special need that may require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process or to perform this role if you are offered employment, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunrun Inc. (Nasdaq: RUN) is the nation’s leading home solar, battery storage, and energy services company. We believe in the power of solar energy to make a real difference in our world. Together, we can tackle the challenges ahead, knowing that every step towards clean energy counts. Join us on this journey towards a more sustainable tomorrow.
Perks & Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Vacations/Holidays
- Paid Baby Bonding Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Anniversary Equity Award (based on qualifications)
- PowerU - 100% Funded Education Programs
A Commitment to Candidate Experience
At Sunrun our fiercely passionate workforce is our greatest asset and help power our mission to create a planet run by the sun. We strive to have the best in class experience for our candidates. If you had a great experience or you feel there is room for improvement, please reach out to our Director of Talent Acquisition, Kelly Wittman, to share your feedback.
Accommodation for Disabilities
If you have a disability or special need that may require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process or to perform this role if you are offered employment, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
Life at Sunrun
Review our current job openings and apply now for a role that interests you!
- If you seem like a fit for the role, our recruiting team will reach out to schedule time to learn more about you!
- If we can't offer you an interview at this time, you will be notified via email!
- If you can't find a current open role that fits your needs, join our Talent Community. You will then receive notifications when roles become available that may be a better fit.
- Spend approximately 30 minutes chatting with one of our recruiters on the phone; they will share more information about Sunrun, what it’s like to work here as well as the skills required to be successful in the role you applied to.
- The recruiter will ask you questions about your previous work experience and why you’re interested in joining our team.
- Sunrun is proud to be an employer that provides equal employment opportunities and does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
- After this interview, your recruiter will let you know if you’re moving to the next step of our interview process.
- Thanks for sticking with us! Now its time to meet with the hiring leader and (if applicable) others on the team.
- Depending on the role, this interview may be in-person or via video chat.
- Following this interview, your recruiter will follow-up with next steps; there may be additional interviews depending on the role.
- If you’re selected for the position, most roles require additional steps between the offer and start date (e.g., background check, I-9 verification); if that’s the case your recruiter will provide more information.
- Your recruiter will be your main point of contact to ensure you have everything you need to be successful at Sunrun.
- Be yourself; we love people and we want to help you find your next career opportunity
- Have a dedicated space for interviewing with no distractions
- Be prepared to ask questions
A Message from Our CEO
At Sunrun, our mission is to create a planet run by the sun, and that begins with creating long-term value for all of our stakeholders by having an unwavering focus on sustainable, profitable growth. Over the past year, it has been a pleasure to speak with a great number of our stockholders and stakeholders about Sunrun’s opportunities as the nation’s leading solar, storage and home electrification company.
Our laser focus is on crushing it on the fundamentals and generating value for our stockholders, customers, employees, and communities. We strive to create value and drive efficiencies to make us faster, better and stronger, which in turn makes the communities we serve healthier and more resilient.
- Mary Powell