Sr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Everything we do at Sunrun is driven by a determination to transform the way we power our lives. We know that starts at the individual employee level. We strive to foster an environment you can thrive in through our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Want to be part of the team that is building the newest consumer electrification product for our customers? Striving to have a measurable impact on one of humanity’s biggest challenges? We're hiring a high-achieving Sr. QA Engineer to help our systems keep up with daunting growth rates. Here, you'll work alongside passionate engineers designing, testing, and developing how Sunrun customers view their home’s sustainable energy usage and generation. As Sr Software QA Engineer, you will collaborate with the Customer App development team and help with quality releases that define and implement solutions for our customers using manual and intelligent automation. You will work closely with the product management and other multi-functional teams that are part of the Sunrun Experience Team. You will be a leader and will help create the foundation to move a manual-tested environment to an automated one.
- Perform manual end-to-end testing of the Sunrun Customer App
- Help kickstart and contribute to a mobile automated testing strategy
- Build out portions of continuous deployment pipelines for frontend and backend solutions
- Promote solid testing practices to the team
- Collaborate with individual contributors on improvements to processes
- Work with management on adoption and planning
- Create system and regression test plans to convert to automated tests
- Minimum of 5 years in software QA or engineering, preferably on consumer-facing mobile applications
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a manual tester
- Experience creating an automated test environment from scratch using modern testing frameworks.
- Experience leading other QA Engineers and a successful track record as a mentor
- Good understanding of web and mobile application design
- Power-user with Android and IOS ecosystems
- Experience with a dev team using React Native big plus
- Willingness to learn business practices, processes, and procedures
- Possess strong problem-solving and creative troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical skills with strict attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize several tasks at one time and meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understand the Software Development Lifecycle and Enterprise Value Delivery Methodology for the software application testing/deployment process
- Experience specific to test plans, test cases from system requirements, and/or user stories
- Strong understanding of testing deliverables within Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Demonstrate project management skills including but not limited to UATs, managing scope creep, and business process design/modeling
- Ability to create and validate comprehensive testing plans for automation applications
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to acts, such as The Equal Pay Transparency Act. It assumes that the successful candidate will be located in markets within the United States that warrant the compensation listed. Candidates in locations outside this local area may have a different starting salary range for this opportunity which may be higher or lower. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
The starting salary/wage for this opportunity is: $102,452 to $131,717.
Other rewards may include annual bonus eligibility, which is based on company and individual performance, short and long term incentives, and program-specific awards. Sunrun provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). A candidate’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Recruiter:Kristina Sedjo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This description sets forth the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as some of the essential functions of this role. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all essential duties and qualifications. If you have a disability or special need that may require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process or to perform this role if you are offered employment, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone. We are committed to equal employment opportunities without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal convictions, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Sunrun (NASDAQ: RUN) is the number one residential solar provider in the country. At Sunrun, we believe America’s energy future starts at home. As the energy provider of choice, we integrate solar, home battery storage, and electrification into a smart solution for individuals to power their homes, cars, and communities. Join us in our mission to create a planet run by the sun!
Perks & Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Vacations/Holidays
- Paid Baby Bonding Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Anniversary Equity Award (based on qualifications)
- PowerU - 100% Funded Education Programs
A Commitment to Candidate Experience
At Sunrun our fiercely passionate workforce is our greatest asset and help power our mission to create a planet run by the sun. We strive to have the best in class experience for our candidates. If you had a great experience or you feel there is room for improvement, please reach out to our Director of Talent Acquisition, Kelly Wittman, to share your feedback.
Accommodation for Disabilities
If you have a disability or special need that may require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process or to perform this role if you are offered employment, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Energy Sales Retail Associate Direct Sales Dublin, California
- Field Sales Consultant Direct Sales Pawtucket, Rhode Island, Town of Westerly, Rhode Island, Woonsocket, Rhode Island, Hopkinton, Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island, Providence, Rhode Island, East Greenwich, Rhode Island, Middletown, Rhode Island, Smithfield, Rhode Island, Newport, Rhode Island, Warwick, Rhode Island, North Kingstown, Rhode Island, Coventry, Rhode Island, Johnston, Rhode Island
- Field Sales Consultant Direct Sales Pittsfield, Massachusetts, Greenfield, Massachusetts, Northampton, Massachusetts, Springfield, Massachusetts