Staff Site Reliability Engineer
Everything we do at Sunrun is driven by a determination to transform the way we power our lives. We know that starts at the individual employee level. We strive to foster an environment you can thrive in through our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
As a Staff Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will play a critical role in ensuring the availability, reliability, and scalability of our company’s infrastructure and applications. You will work closely with software development teams to design and implement highly automated systems and processes that ensure the smooth operation of our services. This is a senior technical role that requires a deep understanding of cloud infrastructure, network architecture, and software development methodologies.
- Design and implement highly automated systems and processes that ensure the availability, reliability, and scalability of our infrastructure and applications.
- Build and maintain monitoring and alerting systems that provide timely feedback on the performance and health of our systems.
- Work with software development teams to design and implement systems that are resilient to failure and highly scalable.
- Achieve material improvements in system performance based on insight from resource metrics.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Continuously improve our infrastructure and applications to ensure they meet the needs of our customers.
- Develop and maintain documentation and training materials to ensure the successful adoption of new systems and processes.
- Participate in on-call rotations to ensure 24/7 availability of our systems.
- Triage incoming support tickets.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in site reliability engineering or related field.
- Strong experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Strong experience with monitoring and alerting systems (Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios, etc.).
- Strong experience with at least one programming language (Python, Go, Java, etc.).
- Strong experience with Linux system administration and network architecture.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to acts, such as The Equal Pay Transparency Act. It assumes that the successful candidate will be located in markets within the United States that warrant the compensation listed. Candidates in locations outside this local area may have a different starting salary range for this opportunity which may be higher or lower. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
The starting salary/wage for this opportunity is: $143,915 to $185,003.
Other rewards may include annual bonus eligibility, which is based on company and individual performance, short and long term incentives, and program-specific awards. Sunrun provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). A candidate’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Recruiter:Kristina Sedjo (email@example.com)
This description sets forth the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as some of the essential functions of this role. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all essential duties and qualifications. If you have a disability or special need that may require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process or to perform this role if you are offered employment, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone. We are committed to equal employment opportunities without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal convictions, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Sunrun (NASDAQ: RUN) is the number one residential solar provider in the country. At Sunrun, we believe America’s energy future starts at home. As the energy provider of choice, we integrate solar, home battery storage, and electrification into a smart solution for individuals to power their homes, cars, and communities. Join us in our mission to create a planet run by the sun!
Perks & Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Vacations/Holidays
- Paid Baby Bonding Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Anniversary Equity Award (based on qualifications)
- PowerU - 100% Funded Education Programs
A Commitment to Candidate Experience
At Sunrun our fiercely passionate workforce is our greatest asset and help power our mission to create a planet run by the sun. We strive to have the best in class experience for our candidates. If you had a great experience or you feel there is room for improvement, please reach out to our Director of Talent Acquisition, Kelly Wittman, to share your feedback.
Accommodation for Disabilities
If you have a disability or special need that may require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process or to perform this role if you are offered employment, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Sr. Staff Technical Product Manager, Supply Chain and Finance Ops Technology California,
- Energy Consultant Direct Sales Cherry Hill, New Jersey
- Energy Consultant Direct Sales Chicago, Illinois