Staff Software Engineer
Everything we do at Sunrun is driven by a determination to transform the way we power our lives. We know that starts at the individual employee level. We strive to foster an environment you can thrive in through our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Want to be a part of the change to how consumers buy energy? Have a measurable impact on one of humanity’s biggest challenges? Come to Sunrun. We're hiring high-achieving software engineers to help our systems keep up with daunting growth rates. Here, you'll work alongside passionate engineers engaged in the design and development of a product that is changing the world.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll act as a technical lead for your team, and provide influence across other teams. You will develop and maintain full-stack solutions for Sunrun’s custom applications, implement features for Sunrun’s marketing platform, and develop on industry-leading SaaS platforms. You will understand the business domain and drive technical decisions on your team, communicating these decisions to technical and non-technical stakeholders. You’ll work with team leadership to define best software approaches, also guiding performance optimization, testing strategy, operational excellence, and development operations. Identifying and implementing improvements (or leading others to implement them).
In addition; developing new customer, business, or technical capabilities at the team level, devising simple solutions to complex problems, resolving contentious and ambiguous situations, driving clarity when needed. You’ll identify and remove redundancy and repetitive processes. You will also help us scale the team by participating in interviewing.
- Help establish the standards for the team in areas of technical excellence
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and our UX designers to develop applications that can be tested easily and will perform well under a variety of network conditions
- Champion adherence to best practice development methodologies
- Facilitate automated testing so all teams can innovate at a rapid pace
- Mentor and build skills across the team through effective standards setting, code reviews, and pairing
- Experience in SAAS application design and implementation; experience with React is a big plus
- Solid understanding of MVC architecture and frameworks
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 (DOM, markup, browser APIs) and CSS3 (SASS preprocessor, OOCSS, modular)
- Ability to work with JS build/task runners like Webpack, Gulp, Grunt and NPM run scripts
- Strong knowledge of Git-based version control, branching strategies, merging, and rebasing
- Knowledge of automation for continuous integration and deployment
- Familiarity with infrastructure in Amazon Web Services, such as S3, CloudFront, Lambdas, etc.
- Performance optimization experience including browser page rendering, network traffic, and back-end system tuning
- Bias towards mentorship and skill-building
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team player
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to acts, such as The Equal Pay Transparency Act. It assumes that the successful candidate will be located in markets within the United States that warrant the compensation listed. Candidates in locations outside this local area may have a different starting salary range for this opportunity which may be higher or lower. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
The starting salary/wage for this opportunity is: $143,915 to $185,003
Other rewards may include annual bonus eligibility, which is based on company and individual performance, short and long term incentives, and program-specific awards. Sunrun provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). A candidate’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Recruiter:Kristina Sedjo (email@example.com)
This description sets forth the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as some of the essential functions of this role. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all essential duties and qualifications. If you have a disability or special need that may require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process or to perform this role if you are offered employment, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone. We are committed to equal employment opportunities without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal convictions, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Sunrun (NASDAQ: RUN) is the number one residential solar provider in the country. At Sunrun, we believe America’s energy future starts at home. As the energy provider of choice, we integrate solar, home battery storage, and electrification into a smart solution for individuals to power their homes, cars, and communities. Join us in our mission to create a planet run by the sun!
Perks & Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Vacations/Holidays
- Paid Baby Bonding Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Anniversary Equity Award (based on qualifications)
- PowerU - 100% Funded Education Programs
A Commitment to Candidate Experience
At Sunrun our fiercely passionate workforce is our greatest asset and help power our mission to create a planet run by the sun. We strive to have the best in class experience for our candidates. If you had a great experience or you feel there is room for improvement, please reach out to our Director of Talent Acquisition, Kelly Wittman, to share your feedback.
Accommodation for Disabilities
If you have a disability or special need that may require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process or to perform this role if you are offered employment, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Energy Consultant Direct Sales Cherry Hill, New Jersey
- Energy Consultant Direct Sales Chicago, Illinois
- Clean Energy Ambassador I Direct Sales California, Santee, California, La Mesa, California, San Diego, California,