Field Sales Consultant
As a Field Sales Consultant you will be responsible for attending preset in-home sales presentations while evaluating the customer's needs and closing the deal. Join us and be part of the nation’s leading solar, storage and home electrification company! This role offers a chance to advance in your career, earn a great income and make an unwavering enviornmental impact.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Level: Mid-Level
- $20K base salary + bi-weekly commissions and bonuses based upon signed customer agreements and finished installs
- Top Performers Compensation: Up to $160,000.00+/year
What makes a successful Field Sales Consultant at Sunrun? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Obsessed
- Technologically savvy
Sunrun offers many interdisiplinary career pathways to grow your career. Start your journey today and learn how you can chose your path with Sunrun!
- Field Sales Consultant
- Clean Energy District Manager
- Field Sales Manager
- Field Sales Director
Power Your Benefits
Explore the many benefits Sunrun offers you and your family.
Sunrun helps support your financial wellbeing today and security for tomorrow by offering a number of powerful savings tools. Including but not limited to: Flexible Spending Program, Sunrun 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) and Life + Disability.
Sunrun provides access to a number of programs to provide you with the flexibility you need for a healthy work/life balance, and to support your personal well-being. Including but not limited to: Voluntary Benefits, FOND Employee Discount Program, Education Benefit and Employee Assistance Program.
Paid Time Off
Time away from work is important in maintaining your overall wellbeing. We support you in taking appropriate time off to keep a healthy work/life balance.
On top of your competitive annual salary and commission you will have the opportunity to earn lucrative performance incentives through our Nike/Lululemon swag sponsored incentive program as well as prizes and amazing trips.
Everything we do at Sunrun is driven by a determination to transform the way we power our lives. We know that starts at the individual employee level. We strive to foster an environment you can thrive in through our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
The Field Sales Consultant effectively conducts in-home sales presentations for potential customers.
Sources and develops self-generated leads and appointments with potential customers
Conducts in-home sales presentations for potential customers
Meets minimum required sales targets as set by the sales leadership
Develops effective self-generation sales strategies
Evaluates customers’ knowledge and needs, building productive long lasting relationships
Accurately dispositions and reports on outcomes via our CRM tool
Ensures a clean transition of post-sale activity to other teams by delivering complete customer information
Provides an industry leading customer sales experience from initial contact through installation and after the customer's system is turned on
Manages the pipeline of activity from prospect to install by following up with all leads and in-home consultations
Prepares for appointments by building proposals, preparing for objections, and calling customers to confirm appointments
Attends required trainings, and follow Sunrun Sales processes
Maintains current knowledge of the latest Sunrun and industry developments by attending sales meetings, sales events, trainings, and industry events
Engages in local proactive lead generation activities as defined by the metro market
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum of 1 year of sales experience
For Field Sales Consultants selling in CA: a CSLB License (or application pending)
For Field Sales Consultants selling in Non-CA territories: a sales license where required (or application pending)
Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check
Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license
Proven track record of sales and/or lead generation experience
In-home and/or solar sales experience preferred
Must have home internet broadband access; 35 kbps bandwidth per workstation
Proficient in Google Suite and CRM tools, Salesforce preferred
Must be able to spend approximately 80% of work time traveling within your local market, although the time spent traveling may be far less as we continue to evaluate our virtual selling model and provide flexibility to our consultants
Must be available to work nights, weekends, and some holidays
Ability to communicate and partner cross-functionally to address customer needs
Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business
Ability to drive to travel to and from customer locations
Ability to get into and out of a vehicle multiple times per day
May stand for an extended period of time while consulting with customers
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to acts, such as The Equal Pay Transparency Act. It assumes that the successful candidate will be located in markets within the United States that warrant the compensation listed. Candidates in locations outside this local area may have a different starting salary range for this opportunity which may be higher or lower. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
The starting salary for this opportunity is: $20,000
Other rewards may include annual bonus eligibility, which is based on company and individual performance, short and long term incentives, and program-specific awards. Sunrun provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). A candidate’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Recruiter:Chris Simotas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This description sets forth the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as some of the essential functions of this role. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all essential duties and qualifications. If you have a disability or special need that may require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process or to perform this role if you are offered employment, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
Sunrun Inc. (Nasdaq: RUN) is the nation’s leading home solar, battery storage, and energy services company. We believe in the power of solar energy to make a real difference in our world. Together, we can tackle the challenges ahead, knowing that every step towards clean energy counts. Join us on this journey towards a more sustainable tomorrow.
Perks & Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Vacations/Holidays
- Paid Baby Bonding Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Anniversary Equity Award (based on qualifications)
- PowerU - 100% Funded Education Programs
A Commitment to Candidate Experience
At Sunrun our fiercely passionate workforce is our greatest asset and help power our mission to create a planet run by the sun. We strive to have the best in class experience for our candidates. If you had a great experience or you feel there is room for improvement, please reach out to our Director of Talent Acquisition, Kelly Wittman, to share your feedback.
Accommodation for Disabilities
If you have a disability or special need that may require reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process or to perform this role if you are offered employment, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Life at Sunrun
Review our current job openings and apply now for a role that interests you!
- If you seem like a fit for the role, our recruiting team will reach out to schedule time to learn more about you!
- If we can't offer you an interview at this time, you will be notified via email!
- If you can't find a current open role that fits your needs, join our Talent Community. You will then receive notifications when roles become available that may be a better fit.
- Spend approximately 30 minutes chatting with one of our recruiters on the phone; they will share more information about Sunrun, what it’s like to work here as well as the skills required to be successful in the role you applied to.
- The recruiter will ask you questions about your previous work experience and why you’re interested in joining our team.
- Sunrun is proud to be an employer that provides equal employment opportunities and does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
- After this interview, your recruiter will let you know if you’re moving to the next step of our interview process.
- Thanks for sticking with us! Now its time to meet with the hiring leader and (if applicable) others on the team.
- Depending on the role, this interview may be in-person or via video chat.
- Following this interview, your recruiter will follow-up with next steps; there may be additional interviews depending on the role.
- If you’re selected for the position, most roles require additional steps between the offer and start date (e.g., background check, I-9 verification); if that’s the case your recruiter will provide more information.
- Your recruiter will be your main point of contact to ensure you have everything you need to be successful at Sunrun.
- Be yourself; we love people and we want to help you find your next career opportunity
- Have a dedicated space for interviewing with no distractions
- Be prepared to ask questions
A Message from Our CEO
At Sunrun, our mission is to create a planet run by the sun, and that begins with creating long-term value for all of our stakeholders by having an unwavering focus on sustainable, profitable growth. Over the past year, it has been a pleasure to speak with a great number of our stockholders and stakeholders about Sunrun’s opportunities as the nation’s leading solar, storage and home electrification company.
Our laser focus is on crushing it on the fundamentals and generating value for our stockholders, customers, employees, and communities. We strive to create value and drive efficiencies to make us faster, better and stronger, which in turn makes the communities we serve healthier and more resilient.
- Mary Powell