How We Obtain Your Information
As further described below, we collect personal information from you in connection with your job application with Sunrun, which includes the following:
- Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other contact information;
- Username and password;
- Work authorization status;
- CV, résumé, cover letter, previous work experience, and education information;
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities;
- Professional and other work-related licenses, permits, and certifications held;
- Referral names and contact information for referrals;
- Information relating to character and employment references; and
- Any other information you elect to provide to us (e.g., employment preferences, willingness to relocate, current salary, desired salary, awards or professional memberships).
How We Use Your Information
Sunrun uses your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its job application and recruitment process which includes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications, and interests against our career opportunities;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your job application(s), including, in appropriate cases, informing you of other potential career opportunities at Sunrun;
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any applicable laws or regulations;
- Where requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
- Making improvements to Sunrun’ job application and/or recruitment process, including improving diversity in our recruitment practices;
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests; and/or
- Proactively conducting research about your educational and professional background and skills and contacting you if we think you would be suitable for a role with Sunrun.
If you are offered and accept employment with Sunrun, the personal information collected during the job application and recruitment process may become part of your employment record.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your personal information that you provide to us as described in this Notice to the following categories of recipients:
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, or their or our successors or assigns.
- Upon request, to an Sunrun employee who referred you to inform them about the limited, general status of the referral.
- To our contractors, consultants, service providers, and other third parties who need access to such information to carry out work relating to the job applicant and/or recruitment process on our behalf.
- To a potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in connection with any proposed merger, acquisition, or any form of sale or transfer of some or all of our assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation), in which case, personal information held by us about you will be among the assets transferred to the buyer or acquirer.
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party if: (i) we believe it is required to comply with any court order, a request from any competent law enforcement agency, or any other legal obligation, (ii) we believe your actions are inconsistent with our policies, or (iii) we believe such sharing is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sunrun or others.
Sunrun maintains appropriate technical and organizational measures, including, but not limited to, reasonably designed administrative, physical, and technical safeguards, designed to protect the personal information obtained as discussed in this Notice from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure and access. Sunrun personnel and service providers with access to personal information collected as discussed in this Notice are required to keep such information confidential and secure.
We will retain your personal information if we have a business need to do so or for as long as is needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Notice, unless a longer retention period is required by law. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (e.g., because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Changes to Our Notice
Sunrun reserves the right to update or change this Notice from time to time. If we make material changes to this Notice, we will post it to our websites prior to or at the time of the change becoming effective. We ask that you review the Notice periodically to stay informed about any updates or changes that we may have made. You can see when this Notice was last updated by checking the “Effective Date” displayed at the top of this Notice.
- By Mail: Sunrun, Inc., Attn - Talent (Privacy), 225 Bush Street, 14th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105
- Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via our toll-free number: 855-478-6786